Thursday, April 14, 2011

'The Horse Boy' Movie and Book



So...I've been meaning to write this post for a couple of weeks, now. It's the documentary of a little boy, named Rowan, who is Autistic and the Adventure that he and his parents went on, to Mongolia, to try to find a cure for Rowan's many challenges and symptoms that presented themselves at the beginning of this documentary. Watch the movie, first. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and become so enamored by Rowan and his amazing parents and the lengths they went to, to try to find help and relief for Rowan; for ALL of them!

And...after watching the movie, I highly recommend listening to Rowan's father, Rupert's, audio book (I bought via iTunes.) of same. It's wonderful because you hear the immense love that this father has for his son, in his tender and soothing British accent, as he recounts the journey in his beautifully-written book. All I can say is: If we ALL had had fathers who had gone to such great lengths to have gotten to know us and show us love!

I hope you enjoy. I know I really did!

And...here are a couple of interviews that were done, a year ago (I know; how did I miss this?!) of Rupert and Rowan's mother, Kristin, with Shannon Des Roches Rosa of 'Squidalicious.' And...I can't WAIT to read Kristin's book, 'Self-Compassion - A Healthier Way to Relating to Yourself,' due to be released on April 19th! :-)

Oh and...the "hauntingly beautiful" song on the trailer is by Patrick Watson of 'The Cinematic Orchestra' which I will feature, next.

No comments: