Sunday, December 5, 2010

'Airplane' - A Tribute to Leslie Nielsen



Leslie Nielsen passed away, last Sunday, and I wanted to pay homage to the "funny man" who gave us 'Airplane' and many other silly flicks! All I remember, regarding 'Airplane' are two lines:
(repeated before, during and after the landing attempt)

"I just wanna tell you both, good luck. We're all counting on you." (LMAO at that!) and I also remember being SHOCKED at the unexpected and highly inappropriate (keep in mind, this was in 1980 and I was but a "mere" teenager!! And...I guess I had not seen that comment coming!) comment from the little girl: [when offered cream for her coffee] "No thank you, I take it black…like my men." LOL!!

Anyway, I can't seem to find any other movie that I have seen with him in it, since, but think that I will re-watch 'Airplane' soon! I need a GOOD laugh and LOVE HILARIOUS play on words! :-)

Thank you, Mr. Nielsen, for having been a "bright spot" in ALL of our lives! :-D

1 comment:

Ray said...

So.... Now, Dracula really is "Dead and Loving It", huh?