Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dana Fuchs Band - Strung Out



I discovered this woman, just a few weeks back, and wondered where the heck I had been where I had never even heard of her, before! And...she was even in a movie that I had never heard of! WILD! Anyway...I LOVE her voice and found a song that has her not screaming too much because she's got that Janice Joplin thing going on; but, man...what an incredibly powerful voice she has! Hope you enjoyed this song. I guess I found her when I was looking for an Etta James song that I had seen Etta do on a PBS Special, some years back, that I wanted to post. Dana, here, does an incredible cover of Etta James' 'I'd Rather Go Blind.'



And...if you enjoy this song, I, highly, recommend you listen to the aforementioned song, along with the many others that are posted on uboob. They're quite good.

And...here, also, is the movie that Dana starred in, as Sadie, for all you Beatles "freaks," called 'Across the Universe' :-) I'd like to see the movie, just because it's quite an "artsy" looking movie and...I've never seen it, before. I would also like to see more of Dana's songs in it, as well, like her singing in this song, 'Don't Let Me Down.' Gonna hafta rent this movie, soon. Looks interesting. :-)

4 comments:

Tommy said...

Go Janice, Go :-)

TC [Girl] said...

Yeah, do you like Dana, Tommy? I was thinking that sportin' a one-button blouse was a pretty sexy move! Nice and BREEZY, as well, not to mention the CONSTANT "worried" (yeah, right! lol!) and watchful gaze of the dudes in the audience, hoping for a [Janet Jackson-like] "wardrobe malfunction" to happen! lol! :-P

But, seriously, I think she's got a KILLER voice. Man...if I could only sound HALF that good! :-/

And...after I saw it, I think that I even spelled Joplin's name-o wwwrong: methinks it's Janis; not a spelling a person sees too often, these days.

Do you remember when Bette Midler did the movie 'The Rose' playing Janis Joplin? I can just vaguely remember the movie. (I should rent and watch it, again, I guess, "...to refresh my memory." :-) I just remembered really enjoying Bette's rendition of that song, back then, as well.

Tommy said...

"one-button blouse" O hardly noticed... :-) Ya right!!! I am of the male species....

TC [Girl] said...

And I'm a "straight-as-an-arrow" chickster but...it's quite "distracting" to wonder if that darn button is going to "hold out!"

And, besides...what I wouldn't give to be able to walk around town like that and not be called a 'Floozy!' I'm not terribly fond of clothes...or being hot in them! I bet she perspires like a...well...you know. It's HOT performing like she does! Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a world where most of the dudes wouldn't just come out to see the boobers, if gurls were "allowed" to walk the streets (and perform!) topless! But, hey...if she's in New Yawk, don't chew guys have some law that makes it "OK" for gurls to go topless? Such a "thoughtful" State you guys have, Tommy! ;-)