Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Earl Grey Tea

I grew up in Canada w/a 'Grandmother' figure, of sorts, in my life who had an English influence on me. I've heard it said that the British don't use milk or cream in their tea, since growing up, but...as a kid, I was told, differently. At any rate, she would make a pot of tea and I would be in Heaven! :-P

If you've never tried "loose-leaf" tea, I highly recommend going to a store that sells it and give it a try. The taste, as noted just a minute ago, is, truly, "out of this world"...especially in light of this fast food/pre-packaged world that we live in!

There are a GAZILLION options in tea but, to me, one that "titillates" the taste buds is 'Earl Grey' and...to me, the stronger the flavor, the better; so...I bought a "double Bergamot" blend and...boy! :-P The funny thing is that I had never taken the time to figure out what the taste was that I loved so much about it but...it quite follows some of my natural "attraction" to citrus...which is the lovely "bouquet" of this blend.

Bergamot, according to Wikipedia (why do I cringe just even beginning that reference, these days?! Joking! I know why!), is a lovely citrus from Italy, mainly. I think I'm going to look further into an essential oil of this because I LOVE its lovely aroma! It would be awesome in a bath! :-P

No comments: